Looking back on 2010…

I was on the road with some great people for ALL of 2009. So 2010 was definitely a well deserved change of pace. I got to be HOME all year!

-Got to begin my marriage actually with my wife instead of on a bus with 5 other dudes. My wife is the most amazing woman in the entire world and I thank God for her each and every day of my life cause I am nothing without her. She encourages me and loves me like no other and I absolutely love that I get to spend the rest of my life with her.

-Got to spend some great quality time with my son, who is just growing and learning so much it’s amazing. Such a talented, outgoing, loving kid and I am so proud of him with everything he does. I wish he would just stay little though for me. Before I know it, he’ll be touring the world, or playing pro ball, or saving lives and catching robbers like spiderman or batman. It changes every day and I love it!

-Became somewhat of a Mr. Mom for a little. (vacuums, dishes, and toilets – gettin it done)

-Said good bye to my great grandma and  ”GRIZZ”… They will forever be missed

-Grew closer to the Lord and learned so much about my “walk” and how to walk it in order to glorify Him.

-Even got to start my own side project! On our time off, I’ve been given the opportunity to create some music with my little brother and some great friends and I can’t wait to reveal it to you!

2010 just felt like a huge eye opener for every aspect in my life. I feel so much more ready for anything God brings my way and am excited to live for Him each and every day.

I am looking forward to many surprises that 2011 already has to offer and I’ll just take them as they come. Remembering always to stay gold. I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years and I’m looking forward to seeing you all on the road soon.

Take care and God bless

-The KID

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Looking back on 2010…

1. Caroline B. says:

Hi Kyle! I love hearing all about your year…haha it sounds like it was a great one! Thanks for being so awesome and inspiring, can’t wait to hear the new album and finally go to another show. :) Maybe 2011 will be the year to meet you! <3

2. WOW, KYLE, YOU ARE QUITE A GUY! JUST THE KIND OF GUY MOST GALS DREAM OF! I AM SO SO IMPRESSED WITH THE WAY YOU ARE SHARING YOUR FAITH WITH SO SO MANY PEOPLE. THE LORD PUT YOU WHERE YOU ARE BECAUSE HE KNEW YOU WOULD REACH THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS! I LOVE THAT YOU LOVE YOUR WIFE SO MUCH, AND YOUR SON AND THAT WE WILL BE SEEING LOTS MORE OF YOU GUYS. THE BEST PART WAS THAT YOU GOT TO BE HOME FOR ALL THIS TIME! THIS IS JUST WONDERFUL !

love, karen in Ct

3. Thanks For The Update! says:

Great year, wasn’t it? I’m glad you enjoyed it. Take care of that family of yours. See you in 2011.

Jeannine

4. sylvanaire says:

Hey Kyle,

Good to see you so happy in your life. That is something we all strive for, I think. Looking forward to hearing about your side project, and dying to see you back out on the road with a certain talent show winner. *grin*
    I can’t say I ever paid much attention to the drummers in bands before you, but your talent is impossible to miss. You are so exciting to watch/listen to up there on the stage! I am so happy you are part of this wild ride we are all on with David. Take care of you and yours. I know this year will be amazing!

Much love and respect,

Cindy in Maine

5. minstrel says:

Happy New Year, Kyle! Eager to hear your work w/Cook & Co. and also your own music with Sir Gangles. Cannot wait for this.

Great evaluation of your year, too, bro. Stay strong in your family life, your friendships, your work and your witness and know that the Lord loves you fiercely and will help you accomplish every task set before you.

I love this quote from Fredrick Buechner and your blog made me think of it:
    “Listen to your life. See it for the fathomless mystery it is. In the boredom and pain of it, no less than in the excitement and gladness: touch, taste, smell your way to the holy and hidden heart of it, because in the last analysis all moments are key moments, and life itself is grace.”

May it be so, for you, this year and every year. Vaya con dios….

Julie, Chicago

6. coolshades says:

Glad you had such a good year, and that you were able to spend a lot of time with your wife and son. Hope you have a great 2011! :)

7. barbwyre says:

Kyle,
    You are sweet, wise, funny, loving, mature and grounded beyond your years. I’m grateful for the opportunity to watch and listen to you and get to know a little about you over the past couple of years. Your faith has been helping me as I’ve struggled with mine over the past several years. It has amazed me several times that you tweeted the scripture I needed to hear at the moment.

All the best to you and your family in 2011, Hoping you come to a location near me! (Please?)

Stay golden!

8. N89spirit says:

HAPPY NEW YEAR , I’m glad to hear that you had such a good year..
    take care of your self and you family .. God bless you all :)

9. dee says:

And I thought a man like you was extinct! I believe we’re also thankful for everything you’ve contributed through 2010, even though it’s as “small” as doing household chores. It only goes to show that you’re an extraordinary man who deserves every little piece of what you’ve been given! You make us believe there is hope! ;)

I may be a little late for this, but I’m wishing you great years ahead, with love, support, happiness along the way.

To Nichole and Hayden, thank you for the inspiration! We love you as much as we love Mr. Peek :)