Summer Releases

I feel like this is going to be an amazing summer of releases. New songs, new looks, and most importantly – my new baby!

As you all know, Mr. David Cook’s forthcoming album – “This Loud Morning” – will be available this summer on June 28th. It was such a blast to be a part of DC’s record this time around and be able to be there with all the guys throughout the process. I jumped on this crew after the first record was written. It’s such a different story being able to tour with a record that you put your blood, sweat and tears into; growing with the band throughout. I’m very proud of all the guys and I can’t wait to do this again with them. So get your PRE-ORDER on and get some deluxe editions with behind the scenes footage and check out the music video for the first single “The Last Goodbye”. Some of you have already noticed that we got to do a little acting in the sneak preview caught on VH1. So I hope you all faint just like your good ole buddy Kyle Peek here did once you see it! Out of sheer excitement that is…

Also, some of you also might have noticed the other band that I was so fortunate to join – The Black Cloud Collective. At first, I was skeptical to work with a drummer-turned-frontman; because us drummers are crazy and it could have been a recipe for destruction. And on top of that, it is nerve racking because Brandon is such a phenomenal drummer, I didn’t think I could hold a candle next to him. But let me say this – Brandon Saller (founder of the BCC) is one of those few Grohls that go out there and kick major ass in all that they do. Whether it be drums, guitar, singing, entertaining the crowd, or just being a great friend  - it doesn’t matter. He rocks it all! Neal “Dr.” Tiemann and I jumped on the Monster Energy Outbreak Tour with them and it was a freakin blast. And when we got back, we got to write and record final tracks for what will be BCC’s debut album. I’m very excited for all this and I can’t wait for you all to hear the finished product! Should be coming out this summer as well so keep your eyes and ears open and download the single “Hail Mary” while you wait! Also, follow us on twitter – @TheBCCofficial

Next band up for discussion would be MWK. Those who have kept a close eye out, have possibly noticed that there is some new material in the works. We’ve had live studio webstreams, pics, and sound clips to tease you all. And with this tiny blog, I’m probably teasing even more. But I am very excited about this project and I love working with these guys. Maybe a cd release show should be in order. hmmm?

Due to the chaotic and entertaining schedule of touring and recording lately, I have sadly had to postpone my personal project that I was hoping for you all to hear this summer. Hope is not lost though. We have the blueprints of our songs mapped out and recorded. Now we need vocals and tasty guitar leads to go on top of it and then we’ll be a lot closer to being done. Where I will find the time to get this done still seems to be the issue. But I promise you, I WILL finish it. In the mean time, there are plenty of releases coming out this summer that will tide you over for the time being right?

And last but not least…

My baby girl will be making her debut into this world around her pending due date of August 23rd, 2011!!! I just can’t wait to hold her… There isn’t much else to say. I’m just so thankful for God giving me my family. Hayden is so stoked to be a big brother and I am so proud at how much he has grown this year. I love how he loves to challenge himself and how he helps out around the house when I have to leave for work. He’s been very helpful to his mommy. And I’m so thankful for my wife and how you continues to support me in all that I do. She is the most amazing woman and I could never be anything without her. I am so proud of her too and how she works her butt off every day to finish up school and still raise this family all the while being pregnant. She is such a trooper!

Anyways, those are my summer releases. I hope you all are just as excited as I am. Please find David Cook, Black Cloud Collective, and MWK on the web for updates. Can’t wait for you all to hear the kick ass music that we’ve all mustered up!

God Bless…

Stay Gold

-The KID

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

38 Responses to Summer Releases

1. Kiki says:

We are as excited as you are, Kyle! Congrats on your growing family. We can’t wait to see you holding your baby girl! Also looking forward to all your projects. God Bless!

2. cappsjenny@hotmail.com says:

Thanks for all the info. Kyle! Yes CD release parties for David Cook and MWK’s albums would be great!

3. coolshades says:

I vote “yes” to an MWK CD release show! Don’t know when y’all would find time to do it with your busy schedules, but I’d love to see it happen.

Really looking forward to seeing y’all in David’s music video! I don’t think I’ll faint (haha), but I’ll be excited nonetheless.

Have you come up with a name for the baby yet?

Thanks as always for keeping us updated on the World According to Peek. You’re one swell dude. :D

4. Rachel says:

Wow!! Thanks for all the updates! Can’t wait to hear new music from Dave, BCC and MWK! Can’t wait to hear all about the new addition to your family! :)

oh and MWK Release show is a must!!!

<3 Rachel

5. Libby Fradkin says:

I’m so happy for you, man! You totally deserve all the awesomeness in your life, you’re just amazing. I hope I get to see you play live again soon. Two years ago I traveled from Argentina to the US to see you play with David twice, and it was AMAZING, you are just a brilliant drummer.
    Much love and light from Buenos Aires!
    God bless you and all your fam!

6. Ing says:

Whoa.

First of all, congratulations for having been a huge part of David Cook’s new album, which I can’t wait to have in my hands (and listen to it of course!!!) I’m completely sure it’s going to kick some a$$es! (in the best way we can imagine) I’m oh so proud of you and the guys for having grown up so much professionally these past months… and years. I just can’t wait for the day you can announce a show in Argentina, my country. I’m really dying to see you guys live!!! And of course, every fan in Argentina and Latin America is doing their part to make your music known in order to have you here as soon as possible! :)

7. Brisblondie says:

Thanks for all the updates, Kyle. All very exciting!!! I can’t wait for all of it, especially catching you on tour with David Cook. :) And congrats to you and your wife on the new blessing coming your way. :)

8. minstrel says:

Looks like you’re not lacking for work, man. Babygirl will have $$ for all the stuff babygirls need, which is a beautiful thing. :-)

Yeah, more MWK will be great when it’s ready. and Peek will be great when it’s ready. And I’m glad you’re having fun w/BCC while waiting for the Davetewer to explode. Can’t wait to experience the experience with you.

Thanks for the update, and God bless you, too, and those you love, bro. Vaya con dios. peace and all good things….

9. yanie says:

love your blog mr. peek!! awesome!! can’t wait for this loud morning and mwk!!! and your personal project! we’ll wait for it… we know you have lots to do right now… :)

and your little girl… she’s gonna be awesome….

10. Ing says:

Secondly, congratulations on those new projects! I’m also a big fan of MWK and I’m sure whatever you guys are doing is going to be amazing and we all are gonna be thrilled to hear new stuff coming from you. You’re all so talented! Also, good luck with The Black Cloud Collective, they’re lucky to have you and Neal on board!

11. Ing says:

Last but not least (as you said), congrats again on your new baby girl!! With the handsome dad and mom she has, I bet she’s going to be gorgeous. Much much love for you and your beautiful family, may God keep blessing your life as He has been doing all your life :) Never stop believing in Him.

Hugs!!
    Ingrid from Argentina.

12. Hi Kyle,

You are one heck of a role model, the way you talk about your wife and family! On top of that you are the awesomest drummer I know of…..and a blessing to have met. I love you, Kyle, and I am so happy that you are telling to whole world about God….and how wonderful He is!

13. 1step says:

That was enough to fill three blogs, at least. :)
    So thrilled for your family and for your little one on the way. You know how fast they grow up! We’ve watched Hayden go from little guy at his drum set to a very big boy, all in the course of one concert tour. Two more tours and we’ll be watching them head off to college… or so it will seem.
    You probably caught all the commentary on twitter about your first acting assignment. Your buddies went inside and left you out on the sidewalk?! LOL. Can’t wait to see the finished product.
    Only three years ago, did you ever think you’d wind up on national TV and traveling the world? And those TV camera peeps have been giving you (and the hair!) a whole lotta love.
    I’ve never had an opportunity to speak with you in person, so I’ll take this as an opportunity to tell what an inspiring person you are to openly share your love of your family and your faith with everyone. You have a great attitude and you’ll go far in life. Looking forward to the many projects in your future!

14. pn112 says:

YAY for new music!!! Looks like I’ll be adding at least 3 new CD’s to my collection in the very near future! And a MWK CD release party would be amazing!!

So happy to hear how well you and your family are doing! I’m loving all the good news!!

God Bless.

15. sylvanaire says:

Hey Kyle, how exciting to be involved in so many different musical projects at the same time that your family is growing. It couldn’t happen to a more deserving guy, that’s for sure! Hope you are able to juggle your time between all these amazing adventures to yours and everyone around you’s satifaction. It will not doubt be quite a feat! Good luck with it all, and I’ll be looking forward to seeing you somewhere on the road this year. Take care,
    Cindy

16. lovinlife says:

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. It is a pleasure to hear about your love and respect for your wife and family. Your love for Jesus is the best of all.
    Watching you play drums leaves no doubt, in your fans minds, how talented and happy you are with what you do. I’m glad you are involved in “THIS LOUD MORNING” and all the buzz and success it will have. From what I have heard, it will set the world on fire!

17. Carlie says:

And here I thought I was busy!

I wish you and your family all the best. They as well as each of the bands you’re associated with have definitely been blessed.

18. mwkok says:

kyle honey you are so precious. it is so refreshing to see a young man in the throes of an up and coming career be responsible and thrilled at the prospect of a growing family. i plan on making a bcc show if yall come close to cowtown.. and of course any other shows that make their way this way. keep on truckin baby.

19. glena says:

Kyle, you are amazing. I remember talking to you in South Dakota, at the Corn Palace in 2009 and trying to convince you to get a Twitter account :) Now here you are, on Twitter, you have your own dot com, plus working on all kinds of great new music. You are a sweetheart. You and your wife are very lucky to have each other, Hayden, and his little sister who is on the way. Much love to you all.

20. Jeannine says:

I love it when a person can do what they absolutely love. Your excitement over all of your projects makes me excited as well.

Oh…and as for a MWK CD Release Show? Bring it on!!

21. Christine says:

Lots to look forward to this summer! Thanks for the updates – looking forward to it all!

22. Katelyn says:

Thanks for the update Kyle. I am happy that your talent is utilized by so many bands so its exposed to more people. Glad to here you are not leaving DCTA as rumored on Twitter. You are all great together and look forward to seeing you on tour. Best wishes to the band(s) and your growing family!

23. doxxie1225 says:

Kyle,

You are one busy dude! And, with the arrival of your baby girl in a couple of months, you’ll be even busier. Can’t wait to see you out on the road again with David & the boys. You’ve certainly been missed. But, I’m extremely happy that you’ve had all this time to spend with your family. That’s the most important thing.

God bless & see you soon!

24. Dragondaisy says:

I don’t know if you saw my tweet several months ago that said something like “@KYLESPEEK just announced that he’s having a baby girl the same day my history teacher says the same exact thing! How ironic!” but I think my history teacher’s daughter is going to be born in late August too!
    Hayden’s the perfect big brother! Have you named her yet? You and your family are very blessed!

Sorry for talking about my boring life. lol. Anyways, I was REALLY looking for new Kyle Peek music material in the summer, but it’s ok anyways! At least we’re able to hear some back-up vocals from you and Andy on This Loud Morning. Seeing you faint in The Last Goodbye music video had me laughing like heck in front of everyone, and they thought I was a crazed maniac. Haha

I would give a definite “yes!!!” to an MWK CD release show! But if it’s in SoCal, tell Neal and Andy to place the show on a weekend, or I can’t see you guys. lol (even though I think it would probably be in Tulsa)

Soooo…. I’ll still be visiting your website almost every day to make sure it doesn’t go back to that mean-o GoDaddy page again that says ‘renew your website’. Haha sorry about the fact that I constantly creep on your website.

I haven’t met you in person YET (but I almost did until I lost you after talking to Neal in Vegas), but I promise I will. I have something to give you. :P

-k, who doesn’t know how to properly end a long comment

25. Dragondaisy says:

Oh, and by the way, I sneaked on my iPod just to read your blog in history class earlier. Haha I’m a bad student

26. Darla says:

Thanks for the update, Kyle! Very excited about all of your new releases! A definite YES, please to an MWK release party! Don’t worry about taking your time on your personal project…we will still be around waiting for it when it happens. I’m looking forward to more updates from you…especially those regarding your new addition :) When two people love and support each other in their partnership, as you and your wife clearly do, it makes working hard easier (if that makes sense to you!) Hoping to see you on tour with David this year…several times. :)

Darla

27. AMANDA FRANCO says:

so so proud and happy for you, kyle! i can’t wait to hear all of the stuff you’ve been working on and everything else in the future (:

28. june says:

Kyle – so much good news!
    Happy for you and your beautiful family.
    And happy for all the good things happening for you professionally – and all of your amazing projects. I’m really looking forward to hearing all th new music!
    Can’t wait for your first “platinum” album.

29. PNW_pattieann says:

Wow! Such an exciting year for you, and for your fans, too! It is obvious from all of your tweets and blog posts that you are a phenomenal husband and father. Your family is lucky to have you. I’m excited for all the new music coming out, and am looking forward to hearing more about your personal music project. I would like to add my “yes” vote to the MWK CD release party! That would be entirely amazing. Thanks for keeping us informed. I love reading your blog posts.

30. Kristen says:

Thanks for all the updates Kyle. You sure have been busy with your 3 bands! You have an emphatic thumbs up from me for a MWK release show! The MWK show in Tulsa was one of my favorite concerts of 2010. I’m really looking forward to the new EP.

I can’t wait to see the whole band acting in the video for “The Last Goodbye”. That must have been a lot of fun to film. I’m also looking forward to seeing you guys perform “Don’t You Forget About Me” on Idol next week, too.

I’d also love to catch a BCC show. I’m a big fan of “Hail Mary”. Hopefully the tour takes you near Detroit.

Good luck to you and your family as you prepare to welcome your little girl at the end of the summer. What a blessing. Take care and hope to see you soon!

31. HeyJoanieB says:

Hey Kyle~
    First off-congrats on the new baby girl coming this summer. What an awesome blessing from God she is. You and your wife must be so thrilled.
    Excited also to see you again on tour with David. You all are a tight band and I love watching you all together. You are a stellar drummer and The Anthemic is proud to have you I am sure.
    God’s blesssings to you and your family my friend! Stay gold!

32. Kathy says:

I’m sure with alll the craziness that is your life, you don’t remember it, but I got the chance to talk to you when you were in SLC with BCC. You hadn’t brought a coat on tour and you explained that it was because you’d just moved and were wanting to make sure that your wife & Hayden’s things were unpacked before you left. You didn’t even open anything of your own and left without winter wear.

I just wanted to tell you how much your dedication to your family impresses me everyday. Your tweets and blog entries show how much you love them and how much they mean to you. You are such a admirable man in my eyes. You aren’t afraid to express to the world, what your family means to you. You put them first in your life, and taking care of their needs is paramount to you. I’m also very impressed with your vocal love for and praise of God. You acknowdge him in everything you write, in telling everyone that he is the reason for all your blessings. That isn’t an easy thing to do in this world that we live in, and I would think it’s even harder in the business that you’ve chosen for yourself. Maybe God had put you in this position to be an influence for good in the lives of those you are around everyday, and those fans who follow you. You are a great spokeman for your beliefs.

I know this is extrememely long, but I just wanted to take this opportunity to tell you how much I admire you, Kyle. God Bless you & your family

~kathy

33. JeannieL says:

I’m so happy that you are being gifted in life with your wonderful family just as you gift us with your musical talents.Thanks for such a terrific update. May you enjoy all the pleasures that come with your music but more importantly savor every moment of the music your own little family makes.

All the best,,,,JeannieL

34. Karen says:

Kyle,

God has certainly blessed you and you are a very lucky man. Congratulations to your baby girl on the way! Hayden must be really excited to be a big brother.

I see that you’re keeping busy with your various music projects. I’m really bummed I couldn’t come out to see you guys when the BCC played in my hometown. Maybe I’ll be able to catch you guys this summer. By the way, I’m still waiting for another MWK show and perhaps some fall tour dates with DC. Either way I hope to see you again out on the road sometime in 2011. :)

Stay gold right back atcha!

~Karen

35. Dee says:

Whoa, what a busy bee! :)

Congratulations on being such a trooper for your family and for us, just like your wife. I can’t thank you enough for working so hard to make music we all can enjoy listening to (and watching), I owe you lots!

I’ll keep my eyes (and ears) open for the CD release announcement or whatever upcoming news! SO excited about your baby girl as well!

Keep on keepin’ on, Kyle!

36. Melissa Scammon says:

Peekaboo, peekaboo! Congrats to you and your fam! Thank you for sharing.

37. Margaret Johnson says:

Kid, you are an old soul. Humble, loving, talented. You’ve been blessed by the Lord, as have we to be able to share in your life. Through any media, I love watching you grow personally, professionally. You are awesome. Live long and prosper, my friend. I support you on your journey.

38. Vero says:

So nice to read all that HAPPINESS in you =)